At the end of 2019, we announced that we would be closing guest posting opportunities indefinitely.
Of course, we had no idea what was to come with the coronavirus.
With countries across the world on lockdown, we thought we’d like to do something to give back to our readers, contributors and willing guest posters and reopen guest posting opportunities.
This opportunity may not last, so if you’re thinking about contributing, please don’t delay. With that in mind, here’s what you need to know about contributing.
Benefits of Guest Posting with Music Entrepreneur HQ
Here are the key benefits you can expect when you guest post on Music Entrepreneur HQ:
- Your post stays live on our site perpetually. Your guest post is an incredible marketing asset you can use and reuse in your own marketing.
- Your post gets shared with our wider network of social media. The content gets shared to multiple Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and LinkedIn accounts, not just on Music Entrepreneur HQ’s social media.
- Your post gets shared in Music Entrepreneur News’ weekly digest. The weekly digest injects a second life into the content, and helps it get in front of people who may not have seen it the first time around.
- Your post may be featured in our weekly newsletter. This is not a promise, but if you create a quality piece of content, it will increase its chances of getting featured in our newsletter and possibly even other outlets.
- Your post boosts your authority and credibility. We do not accept content below a certain quality threshold, so if you get published here, you know you’re doing something right.
- Your post can contain up to two or three self-serving links. So, you can direct traffic where you want.
- Your post gets professionally edited before it goes live and even gets a header image and maybe a few “Click To Tweets”. We are meticulous in the formatting, editing and design of our content, if you hadn’t noticed already. The extra assets make it even easier to maximize your marketing dollar.
With that, there are a few things you should know about submitting a guest post with Music Entrepreneur HQ.
Submitting a Guest Post to Music Entrepreneur HQ in 2020
Please read the following terms in full before getting in touch with us regarding your submission.
Guest posts cost $70 USD. To expedite the publishing process, we suggest sending $70 USD to our PayPal account at your earliest convenience. Your piece will be professionally edited to fit the tone and style of the website, so we feel this is more than a fair rate. Once sent, the money is non-refundable under any circumstance.
We are only accepting quality submissions. Essay writing services, marketing agencies and SEO agencies need not apply, unless you specialize in music business related content. We’ve seen the results Grammarly provides, and they are godawful. If you can’t write yourself, find someone else who can.
We reserve the right to edit your piece for clarity, conciseness and comprehensiveness. We’ve received a lot of submissions that were doomed from the start. Common issues include unclear titles, irrelevant introductory paragraphs and unnecessary waffling in the body. We pride ourselves in publishing quality content and will not settle for anything less.
We do not accept pieces with more than two to three links in it. You can have self-serving links in your post, but there should never be more than two to three links. If there are, we will make the executive decision for you and whittle down your link count to two or three. The only exception is if you need to link to sources, quotes, stats and studies.
We will not change the links – you get what you get. Please do not request dofollow, nofollow or otherwise. You get what you get.
We have a publishing schedule and do not take requests for publishing dates. Once we’ve accepted your piece, we guarantee publishing. But we do not guarantee publishing on a specific date.
We expect your content to be quality, unique and over 800 words. Filler words will be deleted, so if your word count doesn’t add up after editing, your piece may not be accepted.
You must come up with your own topic ideas. Cruise through our archives to get a sense of the type of content we publish.
We expect you to send your author photo and two- to three-sentence bio with your guest post. Yes, we do check.
Get in Touch
Just a few more things before you get in touch:
- Please don’t ask whether we accept guest posts. Get straight to the pitch please.
- No lengthy introductions required. Get straight to the pitch please.
- Send your payment of $70 USD right away. We don’t want to idly discuss the piece.
- No argument. The above terms are set in stone and are not up for discussion or negotiation.
- Review the above terms. That way, you’ll know what to expect.
When you’re ready, you can get in touch with me directly.
Thank you, and please stay safe during these uncertain times.
Crack the code on the music business. Get THE MUSIC ENTREPRENEUR CODE book.
- 201 – When it’s Time to Pivot - August 6, 2020
- 200 – Bling – with Author, Entrepreneur, Musician Andy Seth - July 30, 2020
- Addressing Concerns Regarding Executive Inner Circle Program - July 24, 2020