Pre-orders for The Music Entrepreneur Code will open soon. Get on the waiting list to access insider content and get a head start on cracking the code.
There is plenty of talk online about how much independent artists make (or don’t make).
Sure, it’s tough to succeed in music. But if it was easy, everyone would have done it. More to the point, are there any other careers out there where success doesn’t require hard work and persistence?
This statement may surprise you, but as the following infographic shows, Independent music sales are growing.
Here are several stats you may find noteworthy:
- Independent artists are growing their share of the music business, and in 2017 it made up roughly 40% of the total industry revenue.
- CD Baby artists earned $80 million payout on a catalog of over nine million digital tracks.
- CD Baby added one million digital tracks just in 2017.
These and other amazing stats are highlighted in CD Baby’s anniversary infographic below. Have a look for yourself.
Put your music career on overdrive by purchasing The New Music Industry book
Don’t forget to subscribe to The New Music Industry Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- How to Create Your Own Live Performance Opportunities as a Musician - January 27, 2020
- My 3 Words for 2020 - January 24, 2020
- Can You Make More Money in Music by Optimizing Cash Flow? - January 23, 2020