Creative journaling, however, can be so much more than just keeping a record of your daily activities. I truly do believe that it could be a useful tool for artists, musicians and entrepreneurs in a variety of ways.
Presented here are some of the benefits of journaling that I’ve come across in my research. I’ve also included a few links at the bottom that discuss the benefits of journaling.
- Helps you keep organized and less scattered
- Releases pent-up thoughts and emotions
- Improves your self-image
- Helps you focus on what is important
- Organize your thoughts in meaningful ways
- Helps you to become an observer of your thoughts
- Helps you solve problems
- Gain clarity on your thinking processes
- Helps you to understand yourself better
- Access to deeper levels of thinking than merely your conscious mind
- Helps you to be creative
- Helps you understand your needs, wants, and desires
- Keeps your mind sharp
- Helps you understand past events
- Helps you become the observer
- Capture and keep track of your ideas
- Helps you to better express yourself
- Helps you keep track of progress
- Improves communication with yourself and others
- Helps clear the mind
And many others!
Some Thoughts on Journaling
I tend to turn to journaling in the tough moments in life. Those “tough moments” have diminished significantly in the last couple of years for me, likely because I’ve become a more adjusted individual. I also have less need for drama. I don’t just stir up negative emotions so I can throw pity parties anymore.
Regardless, times of difficulty make for good opportunities to evaluate your life. Journaling will allow you to clarify your emotional life and put it into perspective. If you’re not clear on why you feel the way you’re feeling right now, you should be able to gain a better understanding of that through journaling.
When it comes to journaling we always tend to think in terms of keeping a diary, which may have some benefit, but keeping a personal log is more useful. Tracking your time and your energies is more useful. Keeping tabs on your personal health is more useful. Stabilizing your emotional life is of immense benefit.