Who do you buy from? How do you choose from the wide range of products and services available? Is there a specific way we should be conducting ourselves and interfacing with businesses we choose to work with?
In this episode of The New Music Industry, I look at doing business in the music business, and offer some tips on how to get the best results possible from those you buy from.
- 00:18 – What’s to come for the podcast
- 00:58 – The music business is a handshake business
- 02:13 – Doing business in the music business
- 03:05 – Trust, but verify
- 04:33 – Two sides to the equation: The business and the customer
- 05:55 – You’re not paying for products or services, you’re paying for value and results
- 10:02 – The challenges that come with pricing
- 10:47 – Guilty until proven innocent
- 11:59 – Mistakes will be made (it’s human)
- 12:58 – Don’t ask a business to work on performance (unless that’s their model)
- 16:45 – Don’t tell someone how to do their job (unless you’re willing to pay more)
- 23:53 – Do your homework
- 25:51 – Final thoughts
Crack the code on the music business. Get THE MUSIC ENTREPRENEUR CODE book.
- 200 – Bling – with Author, Entrepreneur, Musician Andy Seth - July 30, 2020
- Addressing Concerns Regarding Executive Inner Circle Program - July 24, 2020
- 199 – A Level Above Productivity & Time Management - July 23, 2020