Are you trying to get your independent label set up? Are you looking for tips on how to run and grow your own label?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I talk to Nick Sadler of NSDMT and The Label Machine. He shares from his many years of experience and offers valuable tips on how to make a business plan, how to budget and more.
- 00:34 – Who is Nick Sadler?
- 04:55 – Studying and ongoing self-education
- 05:44 – What is The Label Machine?
- 11:13 – What are the benefits to starting your own label?
- 16:27 – What does one need to focus on when they’re getting their label established?
- 22:33 – “Success stories” and thinking critically
- 25:46 – How to set up your business plan
- 33:09 – How should one spend $1,000,000 to get national exposure for their label?
- 39:11 – What are the most challenging aspects to navigate as a label owner?
- 45:02 – What are some of the biggest challenges you’ve overcome?
- 53:26 – What are some of the biggest victories you’ve experienced?
- 56:46 – Are there any books that have helped you on your journey?
- 1:03:12 – Wrapping up
Crack the code on the music business. Get THE MUSIC ENTREPRENEUR CODE book.