Pre-orders for The Music Entrepreneur Code will open soon. Get on the waiting list to access insider content and get a head start on cracking the code.
Do you wish you could play better gigs? Do you want to engage in the type of projects and work that will leave you feeling happy and fulfilled?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I pass the mic with Robonzo of The Unstarving Musician, who’s got a podcast and a book of his own. He shares how he was able to build a profitable live performance career and how he helps other musicians do the same.
- 00:34 – The podcasting journey
- 01:39 – How did you get started with The Unstarving Musician?
- 04:59 – The value of subbing
- 08:20 – Being a good hang
- 09:18 – How can musicians better leverage live performance?
- 12:34 – Having too many lines in the water
- 15:57 – Taking care of yourself
- 17:41 – Depression in the music industry/success doesn’t make you happy
- 20:44 – Who do you know that isn’t a starving musician?
- 24:48 – The Music Entrepreneur Code
- 25:49 – Why did you get into podcasting?
- 31:14 – Current social media marketing trends
- 36:19 – Making new music
- 37:52 – Why did you write a book and what impact has it had?
- 42:11 – Are there any books that have helped you on your journey?
- 43:49 – Wrap up
Put your music career on overdrive by purchasing The New Music Industry book
Don’t forget to subscribe to The New Music Industry Podcast on Apple Podcasts