Have you ever thought about teaching music? Are you already a music teacher looking to increase your revenue?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I talk to music educator Wendy Brentnall-Wood and tease out insights about student retention, building revenue streams, how to avoid burnout and more.
- 00:34 – Introduction
- 00:55 – Share about your passion
- 01:58 – From teaching students to teaching teachers
- 02:42 – Artistically inclined but business deficient
- 03:13 – Competition in music education
- 04:11 – Income potential in music education
- 04:44 – Student retention
- 07:01 – Value-added services
- 11:35 – Burnout with music teachers
- 14:44 – Teaching happens during social hours
- 15:58 – How can music teachers ensure profitability?
- 20:01 – Staying focused with your revenue streams
- 21:19 – How to store ideas
- 21:39 – The devaluing of music education
- 27:36 – Paying for quality
- 30:12 – What is the message you wanted to share through your book?
- 34:32 – Why did you write a book?
- 36:12 – What are some of the greatest challenges you’ve encountered?
- 37:48 – What are some of the greatest victories you’ve experienced?
- 39:19 – Are there any books or resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 40:48 – Is there anything else I should have asked?
Get your FREE weekly action plan and grow your music career NOW.
Get THE MUSIC ENTREPRENEUR CODE book.