What inspires you to write? Do you feel like you’re able to write authentically, from the heart?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with Miami-based singer-songwriter Judah Holiday and deep dive into his process.
- 00:34 – Is Judah Holiday your real name?
- 01:50 – What is the story behind your single, “Good Life”?
- 07:34 – The connection between writers and Adderall
- 08:34 – What is it that keeps you going when you feel like you’ve hit bottom?
- 10:19 – What inspired you to put pen to paper at 14?
- 15:02 – Counting to 10 in Japanese
- 16:31 – Turning difficult life moments in to catchy, uplifting songs
- 18:56 – The importance of giving voice to unexpressed feelings
- 22:57 – Today’s pop music and authentic expression
- 28:03 – How do you create a connection with your audience through your music?
- 31:16 – What is the music business algorithm?
- 33:56 – What’s next for Judah?
- 35:02 – Are there any books or resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 35:58 – Wrap up
Get your FREE weekly action plan and grow your music career NOW.
Get THE MUSIC ENTREPRENEUR CODE book.
- Want to Test Drive My New Course? - October 23, 2020
- 211 – How Sync Licensing Can Transform Your Music Career – with Adam McInnis - October 22, 2020
- Karan Beghi from Musicspace Shares About Their Music Catalog Management Platform - October 19, 2020