Pre-orders for The Music Entrepreneur Code will open soon. Get on the waiting list to access insider content and get a head start on cracking the code.
How effective are you in meeting people and creating meaningful and strategic connections? Do you have contacts that can help you take your music career beyond?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with musician Brian Bob Young, who gave this podcast’s music a makeover.
- 01:11 – Who is Brian Bob Young?
- 04:16 – Being specific about your goals
- 04:45 – Reading and writing books
- 08:38 – Being focused in networking and music production
- 09:34 – How to cold call or approach strangers
- 11:37 – The evils of non-sequitur networking and marketing
- 12:47 – Creating context in conversation and generating opportunities
- 16:55 – Avoid burning bridges
- 19:37 – Drama is always created
- 24:03 – Open mics are a great place to network
- 27:20 – How Brian wrote the music for The New Music Industry Podcast
- 33:29 – Music on the podcast
- 34:14 – Finding a need and filling it
- 37:03 – Getting your first clients
- 37:45 – Meeting people (or how David got over his fear of talking to people)
- 39:35 – Booking gigs
- 43:22 – How many projects does David have?
- 48:27 – Begin creatively free
- 52:16 – It’s not just what you know but who you know
Put your music career on overdrive by purchasing The New Music Industry book
Don’t forget to subscribe to The New Music Industry Podcast on Apple Podcasts