Pre-orders for The Music Entrepreneur Code will open soon. Get on the waiting list to access insider content and get a head start on cracking the code.
Full-time musician. Doesn’t that term have a great ring to it? Wouldn’t you love to pursue your passion full-time?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with UK based musician Malcolm “Bubba” McCarthy and ask him how he rose through the ranks to become an established and in-demand musician.
- 01:01 – Who is Malcom “Bubba” McCarthy?
- 02:48 – The deficiencies of traditional education
- 05:57 – Side hustles
- 06:50 – Playing well vs. social media marketing
- 08:10 – Revenue streams and taming the tiger
- 09:12 – Establishing yourself as a quality musician in UK
- 12:23 – What sort of gear are you using?
- 16:42 – Getting repeat gigs
- 19:05 – Being versatile in the music industry
- 20:32 – How important are music sales for you?
- 22:24 – The duality of being prolific and perfectionism
- 24:20 – Michael Jackson and Thriller
- 25:15 – Are there any books or resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 27:28 – Building relationships in the industry
Put your music career on overdrive by purchasing The New Music Industry book
Don’t forget to subscribe to The New Music Industry Podcast on Apple Podcasts