Pre-orders for The Music Entrepreneur Code will open soon. Get on the waiting list to access insider content and get a head start on cracking the code.
Do you feel stuck in your music career? Does it seem like no matter what you try you end up in the same place? Don’t worry – there is a way out.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I talk to drummer and career coach Matt Starr about how he rose through the ranks to establish himself in the music industry.
- 00:34 – Matt Starr is in the house!
- 00:46 – The struggle of becoming a professional musician
- 13:47 – Your life is not your fault, but it is your responsibility
- 15:22 – How did you get to the point of working with many known rock stars?
- 18:55 – Why is networking important?
- 24:56 – Action
- 27:12 – The importance of business as it applies to music
- 31:59 – Knowing your own value
- 35:52 – How important is coaching?
- 40:32 – What is The Workbook?
- 44:13 – What books have helped you on your journey?
- 48:56 – Closing thoughts
Put your music career on overdrive by purchasing The New Music Industry book
Don’t forget to subscribe to The New Music Industry Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- How to Create Your Own Live Performance Opportunities as a Musician - January 27, 2020
- My 3 Words for 2020 - January 24, 2020
- Can You Make More Money in Music by Optimizing Cash Flow? - January 23, 2020