Pre-orders for The Music Entrepreneur Code will open soon. Get on the waiting list to access insider content and get a head start on cracking the code.
Are you a music teacher? Do you wish you could find more ways to earn money from your passion?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I interview Brent Vaartstra of Learn Jazz Standards and Passive Income Musician to discuss his journey to this point and how he built a six-figure music instruction website.
- 00:18 – Who is Brent Vaartstra?
- 00:31 – When did you first start getting into music?
- 02:31 – What is your background?
- 04:30 – How profitable was it for you to play jazz?
- 06:34 – The importance of networking in the music industry
- 07:57 – How did the Learn Jazz Standards website come about?
- 11:09 – How did you come to know that there was a hungry market in jazz?
- 12:31 – Obsessively practicing as a musician
- 14:25 – How long did it take for you to build Learn Jazz Standards into a six-figure business?
- 17:20 – Passive Income Musician podcast
- 18:29 – Making books for Hal Leonard
- 21:53 – Why engaging an audience is an important skill in today’s music industry
- 23:17 – What is one of the biggest challenges you’ve encountered as an entrepreneur?
- 26:21 – What is one of the biggest victories you’ve experienced as an entrepreneur?
- 28:57 – Are there any books or resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 31:22 – Closing thoughts
Put your music career on overdrive by purchasing The New Music Industry book
Don’t forget to subscribe to The New Music Industry Podcast on Apple Podcasts