How do you build a strong mindset? How do you brainwash yourself into believing in your personal success?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with Richard “Younglord” Frierson, who describes his approach, as well as numerous revenue streams musicians can tap into.
- 00:18 – New podcast theme
- 01:03 – Monetizing the entire process of being an artist
- 02:43 – Going for broke and being a full-time artist
- 04:47 – Getting buy-in from your parents
- 06:19 – Problem-solving skills
- 06:54 – Marketing campaigns, outreach and going through the numbers
- 11:44 – Being prepared for the big breaks
- 12:46 – People in the music industry don’t have time to blacklist you
- 13:39 – Cultivating a strong mindset
- 15:19 – What types of revenue streams are artists missing out on?
- 21:42 – Licensing your music
- 27:42 – The value of building relationships in the music industry
- 30:38 – Other methods of monetizing your career
- 32:29 – Having a hand in everything
- 32:50 – What’s the biggest challenge or obstacle you’ve overcome?
- 35:18 – What has been your biggest victory?
- 38:06 – Are there any books or resources you would attribute to your success?
- 39:59 – Rich’s final thoughts
- 40:55 – Concluding thoughts
Whoa, what was that?
Well, a few months back, someone by the name of Brian Young approached me with the idea of writing some music to the podcast.
He politely pointed out that for a podcast that has to do with the music industry, I had very little music on the show. I thought that was a fair point.
I’d thought about updating the music and adding a few things myself, but I have so little time for that.
Brian offered to put together some new music for me to use in the show, and I decided to take him up on it.
So, what you just heard is one of Brian’s tracks, and towards the end of the episode, you will also be hearing a couple more themes he put together for me.
Be sure to let us know what you think of the new tunes in the show notes.
With that, let’s jump into today’s interview.
Richard “Younglord” Frierson
[Interview with Richard “Younglord” Frierson – transcription coming soon]
And I’m back to wrap up the episode.
I hope you enjoyed the interview. I know I got lots out of it.
You might not know this, but one of the main ways I generate revenue for The Music Entrepreneur HQ is with my books and courses.
So, as always, I’m going to offer a gentle nudge to check out my current offer, The Essential Guide to Music Entrepreneurship.
I’ve received a lot of great feedback on this handbook. Christopher Sutton from Musical U said:
For any musician wondering what it’s going to take to make a living with their music in the modern world, this book is a tremendous all-in-one resource to answer that question for you.
Interested in finding out more? Simply go to musicentrepreneurhq.com/essential.
And, don’t forget to check out our limited time offer while you’re there.
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 167 – How to Get Your Independent Record Label off the Ground – with Nick Sadler of NSDMT - December 13, 2019
- How to Set Ironclad Goals You’ll Follow Through on & Achieve Your Desired Outcomes with - December 13, 2019
- 166 – Steps You Need to Take as a Music Entrepreneur to Adapt in 2020 - December 5, 2019