Pre-orders for The Music Entrepreneur Code will open soon. Get on the waiting list to access insider content and get a head start on cracking the code.
Do you wish you could work with Nashville session musicians on your next release? Are you having a hard time finding the right kind of players for your recording project?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I talk to Andrew Galucki of Nashville For Hire, who shares about working with session musicians and the ups and downs of the entrepreneurial life.
- 00:14 – Introductions
- 00:32 – What is Nashville For Hire?
- 02:48 – Country music
- 04:28 – Visiting Nashville
- 05:07 – Networking
- 07:11 – How do you determine your focus?
- 11:02 – Self-inflicted pressure
- 13:01 – Finding quality session players
- 14:59 – Second guessing your purchases
- 16:00 – Isn’t it expensive to hire quality session players for your project?
- 18:04 – What is the biggest advantage of working with Nashville session musicians?
- 19:11 – Delegating and trusting others with work
- 21:43 – How do you market your business, and what channel has worked best for you?
- 30:21 – What is the biggest challenge of selling to musicians, producers, and engineers?
- 33:45 – Adding value vs. fly by night
- 35:05 – What are some of the biggest struggles you’ve encountered as an entrepreneur?
- 38:57 – Focus and adapting your approach
- 41:16 – What are some of the biggest victories you’ve experienced as an entrepreneur?
- 44:09 – Comparison and entrepreneurial insecurity
- 44:57 – Which books have inspired and helped you on your journey?
- 50:15 – Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz and Steve Taylor
- 51:24 – What tools and apps are you using to run your business?
Put your music career on overdrive by purchasing The New Music Industry book
Don’t forget to subscribe to The New Music Industry Podcast on Apple Podcasts