No matter how well you plan, things can fall through the cracks. Sometimes, they will go horribly askew. It happens to everyone.
So, it’s not about trying to dodge difficult situations. It’s about how you respond to them.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, you’ll learn about the importance of going with the flow.
- 00:14 – Hi, I’m David Andrew Wiebe
- 00:20 – Going with the flow
- 00:38 – You can’t control the results
- 00:57 – How to be flexible when performing with other bands
Hi! I’m David Andrew Wiebe with The Music Entrepreneur. Today, I’m sitting in The Brass Monkey in Calgary. The quick message that I want to share with you today is to go with the flow. It’s inevitable that things are going to come up in a music career. The unexpected may occur and you are going to have to deal with the situation and deal with it as necessary.
For example, tonight I actually have no idea how many people are going to show up. I did a lot of promotion. I put up some stuff on YouTube. I even bought some Facebook Ads. It’s all over social media, but the results aren’t up to me. That’s where going with the flow can really make a big difference in your attitude.The results aren't up to you. Click To Tweet
Same thing with if you’re playing with multiple bands on the same night. Sometimes you may be asked to cut your set down to shorter amount of time. If you go with the flow, you’ll be remembered as somebody that is flexible and able to cope and deal with the situation as necessary. But if you whine about it and complain about it, you may not be invited back.
So, that’s the quick message that I wanted to share with you today. Go with the flow.
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 167 – How to Get Your Independent Record Label off the Ground – with Nick Sadler of NSDMT - December 13, 2019
- How to Set Ironclad Goals You’ll Follow Through on & Achieve Your Desired Outcomes with - December 13, 2019
- 166 – Steps You Need to Take as a Music Entrepreneur to Adapt in 2020 - December 5, 2019