Ownership is one of the most important concepts I could teach anyone in the music industry.
Many people do not take responsibility for their lives, let alone their careers. They blame outside circumstances and other people for their lack of results and success.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I explain the advantages and disadvantages of ownership.
- 00:14 – Introduction
- 00:30 – Taking ownership and the blame game
- 00:53 – Taking responsibility for yourself and your actions
- 01:33 – The victim mentality
- 01:58 – Taking responsibility for your music career or business
- 02:17 – Getting the results you want can take more work than you even realize
- 02:53 – Learning to take initiative
- 03:50 – Benefits of ownership
- 04:22 – Upsides and downsides of partnerships
- 04:65 – Downsides of ownership
- 07:46 – Thanks for listening and leave a comment
Get your FREE Report: 3 Career-Killing Mistakes All Musicians Make
- To All My Haters… I’ve Got 5,658 Social Media Followers - May 29, 2020
- 192 – Looking to the Future of a Blockchain-Powered Music Industry – with Stefan Schulz of Bitfury Surround - May 28, 2020
- Music Career Tips Weekly - May 27, 2020