Photo courtesy: Catstar Images
How have you been doing in your music career this past week? What have you been doing to move your career forward? I would love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below.
Let’s get into this week’s weekly digest.
In my book, I pointed you to a variety of different tools and resources you can leverage in your music career. For me, this is a bit of a moving target, because I’m constantly experimenting. In this post, you will find a list of tools I’m using right now in my business and music career.
It’s such a simple thing, and yet there are few people doing this right now. Creating media highlights for your audiovisual content can boost its engagement, and make it better for users. And what’s better for users is almost inevitably better for SEO. It’s time to go to school on media highlights.
Music Industry How To
If you’d like to gain access to full-length guides at Music Industry How To, click here. There are many experts sharing their music industry wisdom over there, and I’m also a staff writer with MIHT.
Did you know that there are only eight albums in recorded history that have sold 40 million copies or more (including Michael Jackson’s Thriller)? What this means is that there isn’t a single album that has penetrated even one-seventh of the world’s population. Stop trying to appeal to everyone, and find your niche!
From beginner to advanced, there are several different ways to play harmonics on the guitar. In this lesson, you will learn four specific methods.
Other Noteworthy Items
- Upcoming event: The Question Community – September 18
- Upcoming event: The Classics – Celebrating Jazz Vocalists – September 21
- Upcoming event: Long Jon Lev @ Wine-Ohs – September 23
Thanks for Reading!
If you want more, check our last weekly digest.
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Limited time offer – check out The Essential Guide to Music Entrepreneurship Pro Packs
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 125 – Getting the Most Out of Your Social Media Marketing as a Musician – with Monica Strut - December 15, 2018
- Vanessa Ferrer of Merch Cat Shares How to Streamline & Increase Revenue with Merch - December 11, 2018
- Rise and Run Shares About Their Music & Forthcoming Singles - December 10, 2018