We are officially into October, and I have a very busy month to look forward to, in part because of the many performances scheduled in my calendar (just today, I played two shows).
Here’s hoping your music career is going swimmingly as ever. Let’s take a quick look back at this last week so I can share with you what’s new at TME.
This story marks the return of two things at once – my career update, and my podcast. Since it has been a while since my last update, there was a ton of information to cover. Fortunately, you can listen to it in audio form (but if you prefer to read, you can do that too).
Does it seem like nobody is listening to your music? Are you struggling to build your audience? I’ve been down those deep, dark roads a few times, so I know where you’re coming from. Here’s an article to help you get back into the right mindset.
New Guides at Music Industry How To
If you’d like to gain access to full-length guides at Music Industry How To, click here. In addition to myself, there are many industry experts that have shared their expertise at MIHT.
Marketing your music is hard work. But does it seem like you’re not gaining any traction with your activity? It could be for one of the six reasons mentioned in this guide. Take a look and find out.
Ever thought about getting into classical guitar? This guide offers a crash course that will get you pumping some nylon. If you’ve never played classical music before, and you’re ready to open yourself up to a new world, have a look.
Other Noteworthy Items
- Upcoming event: The Circle – Celebrating Songwriters – October 5
- Upcoming event: Long Jon Lev @ Wine-Ohs – October 6
- Upcoming event: The Question Community – October 16
- Upcoming event: The Classics – Celebrating Jazz Vocalists – October 19
- Upcoming event: Long Jon Lev @ Red Bush Tea and Coffee Company – October 21
- Upcoming event: David Andrew Wiebe @ Vern’s – October 22
Thanks for Reading!
Looking for more? Have a look at last week’s weekly digest.
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Trying to figure out how to get your music in front of more people? You'll love The New Music Industry book
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 137 – Doing Whatever it Takes - February 14, 2019
- 136 – How to Create Your Music Career Strategy for 2019 - February 7, 2019
- 135 – The Secret to Success in Music – with Drummer and Career Coach Matt Starr - February 1, 2019