Another week has come to a close, but it’s been a very productive one for me.
April was rather relentless in its assault of ongoing work, but so far this month I’ve been able to make some huge progress on TME projects (the results of which you may not see immediately, but you can see some pretty massive progress on the products page).
This definitely isn’t to say that there aren’t some big things still coming up this month – not the least of which is WordCamp.
So let’s get into the weekly digest.
New Podcast Launching Soon!
I’m happy to say, despite how busy things have been, the new podcast is really close to launching now. If I had to guess, it will either be on the week of May 22, and failing that, the week of May 29.
Angie C to Perform at The Listening Room Series at Café Blanca
The Listening Room’s upcoming performer is Angie C. If you’re in Calgary and you’re able to make it out on May 18, then I would encourage you to go.
Lessons in Creativity, Part 3: Identity
The third part in the series is about identity. Who are you, exactly, and why are you here? Are you constantly at war with yourself, or have you learned to embrace who you are? Tapping into your identity is a critical part of your creative journey.
Music Industry How To
I’m a staff writer over at Music Industry How To, and as result, I contribute new content on a weekly basis. If you’d like to learn about becoming a member to gain access to full guides, click here.
Here’s what’s new this week:
8 Top Smart Phone Apps For Musicians – Android And iPhone Covered
We all have smartphones, so we may as well embrace the technology living inside our pockets, right? In this guide, you will learn about eight practical apps that are handy to have as a musician.
How To Improve Guitar Playing Speed, Get Lighting Quick Fingers And Mind
A lot of guitarists ask about guitar playing speed. I don’t really know any shortcuts to getting really fast, but if you follow the tips in this guide, and you work really hard, you should be able to get to where you want go.
I’m a regular contributor over at JTV Digital. Here’s what’s new this week.
Audio is The New Frontier – How Will You Take Advantage of This Opportunity?
It’s encouraging to see the rise of audio on mobile devices. In this article, you’ll learn why streaming and podcasts represent a major opportunity for musicians.
Other Noteworthy Items
- Have You Looked At How Much Audio Listening Is From Smartphones?: really enjoyed this article via Amplifi Media and am cautiously enthusiastic to see growth in audio listening numbers on smartphones.
- Upcoming event: Goemon5 – CD Release – May 15
- Upcoming event: The Question Community – May 15
- Upcoming event: The Listening Room Series – May 18
- Upcoming event: WordCamp Calgary – May 28 & 29
Thanks for Reading!
I hope you enjoyed this. Feel free to take a look at last week’s weekly digest too.
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 159 – How to Build a Profitable & Sustainable Music Education Business – with Wendy Brentnall-Wood - October 18, 2019
- 158 – Writing Authentic Music from the Heart – with Judah Holiday - October 17, 2019
- 157 – I Have $1,000,000 Dollars to Spend – How do I Take My Record Label National? - September 26, 2019