I talked quite a bit about the tools I use and recommend in my book, but I have to admit, it’s a bit of a moving target.
My focus and habits shift from month to month, as new information becomes available, and as I discover better solutions to run my business and music career.
That’s why I decided to put together a new, more comprehensive tool list. I will be updating it periodically as I continue to learn and evolve.
Below you will find a list of tools I use, organized by category.
Note: I am an affiliate for some of the products and services listed below. I will receive a commission on any items purchased through specific links.
- Auphonic for enhancing audio
- Tracktion for tracking, mixing and mastering
- Rode Procaster Broadcast Dynamic Vocal Microphone, this is also a great vocal/instrument mic
- MOTU UltraLite-MK3 Hybrid FireWire/USB2 Audio Interface to connect my mic to my computer
Composition & Guitar Tab
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Boxshot for 3D mockups of eBooks and other products
- Greenshot for drawing on screenshots
- Ernie Ball Music Man Axis
- Orange PPC112
- Peavey 6505 Mini Head
- Zoom G3X Guitar Effects & Amp Simulator
- ScheduleOnce for scheduling Skype calls and interviews
- Speechpad for transcribing podcast interviews or videos
For more great content like this, be sure to subscribe to The New Music Industry Podcast
Not feeling motivated? Get your hands on the Start Your Year the Right Way book
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 151 – Sneak Preview: No Escape EP - June 20, 2019
- 150 – It’s Not Your Fault - June 13, 2019
- 149 – A Conversation on Networking & Collaboration – with Musician Brian Bob Young - June 6, 2019