I talked quite a bit about the tools I use and recommend in my book, but I have to admit, it’s a bit of a moving target.
My focus and habits shift from month to month, as new information becomes available, and as I discover better solutions to run my business and music career.
That’s why I decided to put together a new, more comprehensive tool list. I will be updating it periodically as I continue to learn and evolve.
Below you will find a list of tools I use, organized by category.
Note: I am an affiliate for some of the products and services listed below. I will receive a commission on any items purchased through specific links.
- Auphonic for enhancing audio
- Tracktion for tracking, mixing and mastering
- Rode Procaster Broadcast Dynamic Vocal Microphone, this is also a great vocal/instrument mic
- MOTU UltraLite-MK3 Hybrid FireWire/USB2 Audio Interface to connect my mic to my computer
Composition & Guitar Tab
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Boxshot for 3D mockups of eBooks and other products
- Greenshot for drawing on screenshots
- Ernie Ball Music Man Axis
- Orange PPC112
- Peavey 6505 Mini Head
- Zoom G3X Guitar Effects & Amp Simulator
- ScheduleOnce for scheduling Skype calls and interviews
- Speechpad for transcribing podcast interviews or videos
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Limited time offer – check out The Essential Guide to Music Entrepreneurship Pro Packs
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 125 – Getting the Most Out of Your Social Media Marketing as a Musician – with Monica Strut - December 15, 2018
- Vanessa Ferrer of Merch Cat Shares How to Streamline & Increase Revenue with Merch - December 11, 2018
- Rise and Run Shares About Their Music & Forthcoming Singles - December 10, 2018