Have you been thinking about attending CD Baby’s DIY Musician Conference? Not sure whether it’s worth it?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I reflect on the DIY Musician Conference with Greg Wilnau of Musician Monster.
- 00:34 – Special episode with guest Greg Wilnau
- 00:57 – Austin serendipities
- 02:02 – What did David get out of the DIY Musician Conference?
- 03:16 – Meeting people in person for the first time
- 05:27 – Being mindful of your own energy levels
- 06:59 – What is your purpose for going to a conference?
- 11:00 – Is the DIY Musician Conference worth going to?
- 14:42 – How lasting connections are created
- 16:07 – Degrees of comfort with creating different content types
- 19:08 – Learning business is the same thing as learning music
- 24:11 – Until you confront the ordinariness of your life, you can’t become extraordinary
- 27:28 – It’s harder to get noticed online than it is on stage
- 28:31 – Every overnight success is 10 years in the making
- 29:43 – The costs of attending the conference
- 31:44 – Weather conditions in different parts of the world
- 32:47 – Fun in Austin, TX
- 34:02 – Closing thoughts
- 34:34 – Where to learn about attending events and conferences
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 157 – I Have $1,000,000 Dollars to Spend – How do I Take My Record Label National? - September 26, 2019
- New Independent Music Survey - September 26, 2019
- Where Funnels Fall Short - September 23, 2019