I already reviewed most of these items in a recent podcast episode, so I won’t belabor the point here.
The long of the short of it is that the system worked out for a while, but I kept growing and learning new things throughout the year. As result, I ended up making some adjustments to my trajectory.
I still accomplished two major goals that were on my list, but some were left untended, and others were abandoned completely (probably for the better).
Nevertheless, I see tremendous value in tracking my efforts in this way, and I think you will too if you take the initiative.
So, just like last year, I made a page on my website where I’ll be tracking what I accomplish in 2017.
The new 2017 page isn’t fully developed yet, because:
- I haven’t fully defined my goals yet (as I write this). They will be written down on a piece of paper, and on one of my whiteboards so I’m able to review them more regularly. But I’m still happy to share them with you once they’re ready.
- I’m not sure I will define theme words for 2017. This is because, after a point, I mostly forgot about the 2016 ones.
- I may be changing my reading habits. I anticipate I will still be reading quite a few books, but I’ll likely be spending more time studying music industry news and updates instead of just reading what seems compelling at the time.
But I promise I will share what I can, and whatever you may find helpful. Feel free to tell me what you’d like me to talk about.
Also, if you do happen to create a 2017 page for yourself, please share it with me in the comments below. I would love to see what you’ve committed to accomplishing this year. Don’t forget to include a URL to your page!
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Trying to figure out how to get your music in front of more people? You'll love The New Music Industry book
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 137 – Doing Whatever it Takes - February 14, 2019
- 136 – How to Create Your Music Career Strategy for 2019 - February 7, 2019
- 135 – The Secret to Success in Music – with Drummer and Career Coach Matt Starr - February 1, 2019