I already reviewed most of these items in a recent podcast episode, so I won’t belabor the point here.
The long of the short of it is that the system worked out for a while, but I kept growing and learning new things throughout the year. As result, I ended up making some adjustments to my trajectory.
I still accomplished two major goals that were on my list, but some were left untended, and others were abandoned completely (probably for the better).
Nevertheless, I see tremendous value in tracking my efforts in this way, and I think you will too if you take the initiative.
So, just like last year, I made a page on my website where I’ll be tracking what I accomplish in 2017.
The new 2017 page isn’t fully developed yet, because:
- I haven’t fully defined my goals yet (as I write this). They will be written down on a piece of paper, and on one of my whiteboards so I’m able to review them more regularly. But I’m still happy to share them with you once they’re ready.
- I’m not sure I will define theme words for 2017. This is because, after a point, I mostly forgot about the 2016 ones.
- I may be changing my reading habits. I anticipate I will still be reading quite a few books, but I’ll likely be spending more time studying music industry news and updates instead of just reading what seems compelling at the time.
But I promise I will share what I can, and whatever you may find helpful. Feel free to tell me what you’d like me to talk about.
Also, if you do happen to create a 2017 page for yourself, please share it with me in the comments below. I would love to see what you’ve committed to accomplishing this year. Don’t forget to include a URL to your page!
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 157 – I Have $1,000,000 Dollars to Spend – How do I Take My Record Label National? - September 26, 2019
- New Independent Music Survey - September 26, 2019
- Where Funnels Fall Short - September 23, 2019