Have you ever wondered why streaming platforms don’t allow you to create an in-depth artist profile? Have you asked yourself why you can’t view album credits and easily find all the tracks a specific session musician has played on?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with Ursa Music founders Chris Jones and Chad Royce. They offer great insights into their new and disruptive music streaming app.
- 00:34 – Introduction
- 00:54 – The ability to create a profile on streaming sites
- 03:01 – Shifting into the digital age
- 05:55 – What are linkable credits?
- 08:45 – What are you most proud of with Ursa?
- 16:23 – Why hasn’t this been done before?
- 18:09 – What is the monetization potential on Ursa?
- 22:23 – Will Ursa Music be partnering with music distributors?
- 25:15 – Will music streaming have staying power?
- 28:10 – What is the greatest opportunity with streaming?
- 32:16 – What is the biggest challenge you’ve overcome as an entrepreneur?
- 36:46 – What is the greatest victory you’ve experienced as an entrepreneur?
- 40:52 – Are there any books or other resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 42:51 – Wrap up
- 43:56 – The Music Entrepreneur Code
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- Jared Dines’ 7 Reasons You Haven’t Made it in the Music Industry - November 8, 2019
- 161 – Transforming Remote Studio Collaboration – with Ameen Abdulla of Soundwhale - October 25, 2019
- 160 – Disrupting the Streaming Landscape – with Chris Jones and Chad Royce of Ursa Music - October 24, 2019