Interested in growing your label? Trying to figure out how to use your budget?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I share some tips on how to take your record label national.
- 00:34 – A mysterious question I’ve gotten a few times
- 01:20 – Tire kicker?
- 02:34 – Consider hiring a consultant, coach or mentor
- 03:44 – Do you know who your target audience is?
- 04:43 – A possible roadmap for our collaboration
- 04:53 – Free versus paid advice
- 05:34 – We could get national exposure for you tomorrow
- 06:22 – What does national exposure mean to you?
- 06:38 – #1: Facebook ads
- 07:32 – #2: Influencer/celebrity marketing
- 08:30 – #3: Direct mail
- 09:27 – #4: Radio
- 10:47 – #5: Television
- 11:54 – #6: Podcast tours
- 12:50 – Closing thoughts
- 13:33 – The New Music Industry: Adapting, Growing, and Thriving in The Information Age
Founder & CEO at The Music Entrepreneur HQ
Musician, serial entrepreneur, digital nomad and bestselling author. Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, production work, session playing and music instruction. He helps musicians like you unlock your full potential. If you'd like to be notified whenever the blog is updated, click here to subscribe.
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- Jared Dines’ 7 Reasons You Haven’t Made it in the Music Industry - November 8, 2019
- 161 – Transforming Remote Studio Collaboration – with Ameen Abdulla of Soundwhale - October 25, 2019
- 160 – Disrupting the Streaming Landscape – with Chris Jones and Chad Royce of Ursa Music - October 24, 2019