Full-time musician. Doesn’t that term have a great ring to it? Wouldn’t you love to pursue your passion full-time?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with UK based musician Malcolm “Bubba” McCarthy and ask him how he rose through the ranks to become an established and in-demand musician.
- 01:01 – Who is Malcom “Bubba” McCarthy?
- 02:48 – The deficiencies of traditional education
- 05:57 – Side hustles
- 06:50 – Playing well vs. social media marketing
- 08:10 – Revenue streams and taming the tiger
- 09:12 – Establishing yourself as a quality musician in UK
- 12:23 – What sort of gear are you using?
- 16:42 – Getting repeat gigs
- 19:05 – Being versatile in the music industry
- 20:32 – How important are music sales for you?
- 22:24 – The duality of being prolific and perfectionism
- 24:20 – Michael Jackson and Thriller
- 25:15 – Are there any books or resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 27:28 – Building relationships in the industry
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 154 – Why You Should Share Your Goals Part I - August 15, 2019
- 153 – A Step by Step Process for a Successful Release – with Paul Phelps of Outerloop - August 8, 2019
- What Effects Pedals do I Need for Electric Guitar? - July 12, 2019