What does it mean to be a musician in the digital age? How can you take advantage of popular platforms to get your music heard by more people?
In this episode of The New Music Industry, I talk to Michael Sloane, Co-Founder of Streaming Promotions. We get into everything from opportunities artists are missing all the way to how we’re all information marketers.
- 00:42 – What is your background?
- 07:16 – Creative pursuits are weird
- 08:02 – What opportunities are musicians missing in streaming?
- 10:40 – Music distribution is not an issue anymore
- 11:19 – Opportunities that can come from music streaming
- 12:33 – How does Streaming Promotions help artists get their music heard by more people?
- 16:36 – Inbox overload
- 19:33 – Who is Streaming Promotions for?
- 21:02 – You can still reach your career goals
- 22:30 – Everything is about the story
- 23:27 – What are some of the biggest challenges you’ve experienced to this point?
- 25:04 – What have been your greatest victories to this point?
- 26:43 – Are there any books or resources that have helped you on your journey?
- 27:52 – We’re all information marketers
- 30:36 – 90-day goals
- 31:08 – Conduit to growth
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 154 – Why You Should Share Your Goals Part I - August 15, 2019
- 153 – A Step by Step Process for a Successful Release – with Paul Phelps of Outerloop - August 8, 2019
- What Effects Pedals do I Need for Electric Guitar? - July 12, 2019