Do you feel stuck in your music career? Does it seem like no matter what you try you end up in the same place? Don’t worry – there is a way out.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I talk to drummer and career coach Matt Starr about how he rose through the ranks to establish himself in the music industry.
- 00:34 – Matt Starr is in the house!
- 00:46 – The struggle of becoming a professional musician
- 13:47 – Your life is not your fault, but it is your responsibility
- 15:22 – How did you get to the point of working with many known rock stars?
- 18:55 – Why is networking important?
- 24:56 – Action
- 27:12 – The importance of business as it applies to music
- 31:59 – Knowing your own value
- 35:52 – How important is coaching?
- 40:32 – What is The Workbook?
- 44:13 – What books have helped you on your journey?
- 48:56 – Closing thoughts
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Check out the #1 Amazon best-seller The Essential Guide to Creative Entrepreneurship
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- Hélène Blazy Shares Her Journey As A Composer - April 16, 2019
- Bearzerk Shares How They Are Creating a More Flexible & Creative Touring Atmosphere for Artists - April 12, 2019
- 143 – What is the Profitable Musician Summit? – with Bree Noble - April 11, 2019