Are you wondering how you could be making more money as a music instructor? Is there a way to generate income passively without having to trade hours for dollars?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I bring Brent Vaartstra of Passive Income Musician and Learn Jazz Standards back to talk about revenue streams and passive income streams for musicians and music instructors.
- 00:18 – Brent Vaartstra is back!
- 00:47 – What Passive Income Musician is about
- 02:14 – Is it possible to make income passively?
- 03:24 – Finding your way as a music instructor
- 06:26 – Internet marketing is a key component to modern day success as a musician
- 08:16 – Serving a beginner market
- 09:30 – What is passive income?
- 10:18 – What types of revenue streams are there for music instructors?
- 17:37 – Some income streams are disproportionately better than others
- 19:20 – Putting ads on your website
- 20:08 – Membership sites
- 22:02 – What is your strategy around generating regular sales on eBooks and courses?
- 23:46 – How important is it to have multiple streams of income?
- 26:56 – How do you find out more about your audience?
- 28:02 – Did you have a plan to build Learn Jazz Standards to six figures?
- 29:45 – Doubling down on what’s working
- 31:06 – How do you build a large social media following?
- 35:30 – Final thoughts
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Trying to figure out how to get your music in front of more people? You'll love The New Music Industry book