Are you wondering how you could be making more money as a music instructor? Is there a way to generate income passively without having to trade hours for dollars?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I bring Brent Vaartstra of Passive Income Musician and Learn Jazz Standards back to talk about revenue streams and passive income streams for musicians and music instructors.
- 00:18 – Brent Vaartstra is back!
- 00:47 – What Passive Income Musician is about
- 02:14 – Is it possible to make income passively?
- 03:24 – Finding your way as a music instructor
- 06:26 – Internet marketing is a key component to modern day success as a musician
- 08:16 – Serving a beginner market
- 09:30 – What is passive income?
- 10:18 – What types of revenue streams are there for music instructors?
- 17:37 – Some income streams are disproportionately better than others
- 19:20 – Putting ads on your website
- 20:08 – Membership sites
- 22:02 – What is your strategy around generating regular sales on eBooks and courses?
- 23:46 – How important is it to have multiple streams of income?
- 26:56 – How do you find out more about your audience?
- 28:02 – Did you have a plan to build Learn Jazz Standards to six figures?
- 29:45 – Doubling down on what’s working
- 31:06 – How do you build a large social media following?
- 35:30 – Final thoughts
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 166 – Steps You Need to Take as a Music Entrepreneur to Adapt in 2020 - December 5, 2019
- Musicians: All The Productivity Advice You Need for 2020 [Resource Guide] - December 3, 2019
- 165 – How to Start Selling More Music Immediately: Online, Live, Anywhere - November 28, 2019