There are a lot of social networks out there. And, there are some clear favorites among musicians, such as Instagram, YouTube and SoundCloud. But what about LinkedIn? Could it be used to enhance your music promotion and networking efforts?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, guest Vik Rajan of phoneBlogger.net shares how you can use LinkedIn to advance your career.
- 00:14 – Introduction
- 00:40 – Why LinkedIn?
- 03:14 – Video engagement and native video on LinkedIn
- 05:19 – Professionalism and posting on LinkedIn
- 07:42 – LinkedIn Publisher
- 12:03 – What are some other advantages of using LinkedIn as a musician or music entrepreneur?
- 18:09 – On LinkedIn, your personal profile is your resume
- 18:59 – How much time does it take to maintain a presence on LinkedIn?
- 21:07 – What’s annoying on LinkedIn?
- 24:28 – LinkedIn groups
- 25:03 – How do you become a thought leader or influencer on LinkedIn?
- 28:19 – Networking on LinkedIn
- 30:13 – LinkedIn was acquired by Microsoft a couple of years ago
- 32:24 – LinkedIn may not be for everybody, but it’s worth exploring
- 33:24 – Final thoughts
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Limited time offer – check out The Essential Guide to Music Entrepreneurship Pro Packs
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 125 – Getting the Most Out of Your Social Media Marketing as a Musician – with Monica Strut - December 15, 2018
- Vanessa Ferrer of Merch Cat Shares How to Streamline & Increase Revenue with Merch - December 11, 2018
- Rise and Run Shares About Their Music & Forthcoming Singles - December 10, 2018