You’ve heard me talk about it before. It forms the foundation of everything I do online and offline.
What am I talking about? Music entrepreneurship, of course.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I offer a brief explanation of what music entrepreneurship is, and resources you can tap into to learn more about it.
- 00:14 – What is music entrepreneurship?
- 00:20 – Launching The Essential Guide to Music Entrepreneurship
- 00:31 – Music entrepreneurship: an uncommon term?
- 00:53 – Ideas about music entrepreneurship
- 01:09 – An emerging way of approaching your music career or business
- 01:22 – An entrepreneur is someone who put forth an extraordinary effort
- 01:36 – The mindset of an entrepreneur
- 01:42 – Bonus content
And in this video, I wanted to answer the question, “what is music entrepreneurship?”
As you know, I recently launched The Essential Guide to Music Entrepreneurship. And, this is my latest mini book, detailing what it means to be a music entrepreneur.
But I had a question from an artist – a friend of mine – and he asked, “what is music entrepreneurship? It seems like a term that’s not commonly used in the music industry.”
And, he is partially correct. There isn’t necessarily a lot of people calling themselves musicpreneurs or music entrepreneurs, although I would argue that is beginning to change.
So, you might be saying to yourself, music entrepreneurship… that’s somebody who has a business in the music industry, right? Or, you might be saying to yourself, that’s a musician who’s approaching their career like a business, right?
And the answer is… both!
I actually look at it as an emerging and new way of approaching a music career or business that allows you to create the types of results that entrepreneurs have.Music entrepreneurship is a new way of approaching your music career or business that allows you to create the types of results entrepreneurs have. Click To Tweet
Because, as you know, there are many entrepreneurs out there. And, it’s not necessarily that they’re extraordinary people. They just put forth an extraordinary effort. And that’s how they got an extraordinary result. And you and I can do that too.
So, I wanted to share with you what the mindset of an entrepreneur is, and that’s what my mini book gets into.
Now, you can also find all the bonus content I created for this – the action sheet, the audiobook and the video training, if you go to musicentrepreneurhq.com/essential. So, I hope that answers your question.
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Limited time offer – check out The Essential Guide to Music Entrepreneurship Pro Packs
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 125 – Getting the Most Out of Your Social Media Marketing as a Musician – with Monica Strut - December 15, 2018
- Vanessa Ferrer of Merch Cat Shares How to Streamline & Increase Revenue with Merch - December 11, 2018
- Rise and Run Shares About Their Music & Forthcoming Singles - December 10, 2018