Are you thinking about going to a music industry conference? Have you thought about staring your own music conference?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with Kevin Breuner of CD Baby who shares about the forthcoming DIY Musician Conference.
- 00:14 – Introductions
- 00:30 – What is the DIY Musician Conference?
- 01:34 – Education for independent artists
- 03:10 – Developing focus as a musician
- 04:43 – Why should people attend the DIY Musician Conference?
- 07:35 – What are some things musicians typically walk away with after attending the conference?
- 10:09 – Live music production
- 10:42 – What are some of the most common questions musicians come to you with at the conference?
- 12:31 – Is there anything musicians put too much focus on?
- 14:52 – What are some questions you wish musicians would ask more?
- 19:34 – Unsolicited emails and press releases
- 20:09 – Is the DIY Musician Conference profitable?
- 22:13 – How much time and effort does it take to put on a conference?
- 23:51 – Do you have any tips for those looking to start their own conference?
- 25:07 – What the market will bear
- 26:37 – How a conference deepens the relationship with your customers
- 28:29 – The best time in history to get your music out there
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 159 – How to Build a Profitable & Sustainable Music Education Business – with Wendy Brentnall-Wood - October 18, 2019
- 158 – Writing Authentic Music from the Heart – with Judah Holiday - October 17, 2019
- 157 – I Have $1,000,000 Dollars to Spend – How do I Take My Record Label National? - September 26, 2019