Are you thinking about going to a music industry conference? Have you thought about staring your own music conference?
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I chat with Kevin Breuner of CD Baby who shares about the forthcoming DIY Musician Conference.
- 00:14 – Introductions
- 00:30 – What is the DIY Musician Conference?
- 01:34 – Education for independent artists
- 03:10 – Developing focus as a musician
- 04:43 – Why should people attend the DIY Musician Conference?
- 07:35 – What are some things musicians typically walk away with after attending the conference?
- 10:09 – Live music production
- 10:42 – What are some of the most common questions musicians come to you with at the conference?
- 12:31 – Is there anything musicians put too much focus on?
- 14:52 – What are some questions you wish musicians would ask more?
- 19:34 – Unsolicited emails and press releases
- 20:09 – Is the DIY Musician Conference profitable?
- 22:13 – How much time and effort does it take to put on a conference?
- 23:51 – Do you have any tips for those looking to start their own conference?
- 25:07 – What the market will bear
- 26:37 – How a conference deepens the relationship with your customers
- 28:29 – The best time in history to get your music out there
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Trying to figure out how to get your music in front of more people? You'll love The New Music Industry book
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 137 – Doing Whatever it Takes - February 14, 2019
- 136 – How to Create Your Music Career Strategy for 2019 - February 7, 2019
- 135 – The Secret to Success in Music – with Drummer and Career Coach Matt Starr - February 1, 2019