If you want to keep your business over the long haul, you can’t leave it all to chance. Legal troubles can ensue, and it may have nothing to do with anything you’ve done wrong.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I interview Scott Smith of Royal Legal Solutions who shares not only about how to protect your business but also the steps we need to take to scale our businesses.
- 00:14 – Introductions
- 00:26 – How can we legally protect our companies?
- 02:09 – Do online businesses get sued too?
- 03:47 – What steps do people need to take to fully protect their company?
- 06:27 – GDPR and compliance
- 10:53 – How can you invest tax free to increase returns by 20% automatically?
- 13:21 – Are there any advantages to being set up as a self-employed or entrepreneur from a tax perspective?
- 15:09 – How do attorneys think about startups?
- 16:50 – What sort of missteps do people make when scaling their business, and how do we avoid them?
- 18:53 – Why jumping on the latest technology might not be helping you grow your business
- 22:29 – Selling your personality as a product?
- 26:10 – What social media is for
- 28:56 – The basics of music copyright and analysis paralysis
- 37:45 – The downside of attaching meaning to every event
- 39:43 – Burnout and the benefits of meditation
- 41:16 – Working excessively
- 43:57 – The high costs of burnout
- 46:07 – What are some of the biggest challenges you’ve experienced on your journey?
- 48:30 – What are some of the biggest victories you’ve experienced on your journey?
- 52:39 – Balance and sustainability
- 56:03 – Are there any books that have helped you on your journey?
- 57:59 – Is there anything else I should have asked?
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 159 – How to Build a Profitable & Sustainable Music Education Business – with Wendy Brentnall-Wood - October 18, 2019
- 158 – Writing Authentic Music from the Heart – with Judah Holiday - October 17, 2019
- 157 – I Have $1,000,000 Dollars to Spend – How do I Take My Record Label National? - September 26, 2019