Are you passionate about making music? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to make your dreams a reality? If “music is life” to you, you’re going to love this interview, which offers insights into both the heights to which you can climb as well as the dark side of seeking validation in the wrong places.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I talk to “music mogul” Jason Davis, who’s worked with many famous artists you would know, and is an owner and partner in multiple companies.
- 00:14 – Introductions
- 00:22 – What were Jason’s early years like?
- 03:18 – If you can imagine doing anything else, music may not be for you
- 07:33 – Writing a hit song and living the dream
- 13:50 – How do you work so hard without burning out?
- 15:03 – Why Jason was planning to end his life
- 24:35 – If you want to know who your true friends are, start a business
- 27:33 – Life imitates art more than art imitates life
- 29:15 – What advice do you have for those looking to achieve big things in their career?
- 36:50 – The importance of helping others
- 38:55 – The importance of giving back
- 41:21 – Marketing a seeker-friendly alternative Christian compilation
- 43:27 – How do you become an owner and partner in multiple companies?
- 46:36 – Are there any books that inspired and helped you on your journey?
- 48:21 – Final thoughts
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Limited time offer – check out The Essential Guide to Music Entrepreneurship Pro Packs
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 125 – Getting the Most Out of Your Social Media Marketing as a Musician – with Monica Strut - December 15, 2018
- Vanessa Ferrer of Merch Cat Shares How to Streamline & Increase Revenue with Merch - December 11, 2018
- Rise and Run Shares About Their Music & Forthcoming Singles - December 10, 2018