Are you passionate about making music? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to make your dreams a reality? If “music is life” to you, you’re going to love this interview, which offers insights into both the heights to which you can climb as well as the dark side of seeking validation in the wrong places.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I talk to “music mogul” Jason Davis, who’s worked with many famous artists you would know, and is an owner and partner in multiple companies.
- 00:14 – Introductions
- 00:22 – What were Jason’s early years like?
- 03:18 – If you can imagine doing anything else, music may not be for you
- 07:33 – Writing a hit song and living the dream
- 13:50 – How do you work so hard without burning out?
- 15:03 – Why Jason was planning to end his life
- 24:35 – If you want to know who your true friends are, start a business
- 27:33 – Life imitates art more than art imitates life
- 29:15 – What advice do you have for those looking to achieve big things in their career?
- 36:50 – The importance of helping others
- 38:55 – The importance of giving back
- 41:21 – Marketing a seeker-friendly alternative Christian compilation
- 43:27 – How do you become an owner and partner in multiple companies?
- 46:36 – Are there any books that inspired and helped you on your journey?
- 48:21 – Final thoughts
For more great content like this, be sure to subscribe to The New Music Industry Podcast
Not feeling motivated? Get your hands on the Start Your Year the Right Way book
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 151 – Sneak Preview: No Escape EP - June 20, 2019
- 150 – It’s Not Your Fault - June 13, 2019
- 149 – A Conversation on Networking & Collaboration – with Musician Brian Bob Young - June 6, 2019