Music is your passion. I get it.
And, if you want to keep it a fun hobby, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.
But if you’re thinking about making a serious go of it, you might want to embrace the business side of it too.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I answer the question, “why business?”
- 00:14 – Recording a podcast episode away from home
- 00:43 – Why business?
- 02:07 – The music industry itself is a business
- 02:45 – Thinking like a business owner
- 06:05 – Two men are responsible for most of the top 100 hits in the last 10 to 20 years
- 08:06 – Freedom
- 09:47 – Why do you choose business?
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Trying to figure out how to get your music in front of more people? You'll love The New Music Industry book
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 137 – Doing Whatever it Takes - February 14, 2019
- 136 – How to Create Your Music Career Strategy for 2019 - February 7, 2019
- 135 – The Secret to Success in Music – with Drummer and Career Coach Matt Starr - February 1, 2019