Music is your passion. I get it.
And, if you want to keep it a fun hobby, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.
But if you’re thinking about making a serious go of it, you might want to embrace the business side of it too.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I answer the question, “why business?”
- 00:14 – Recording a podcast episode away from home
- 00:43 – Why business?
- 02:07 – The music industry itself is a business
- 02:45 – Thinking like a business owner
- 06:05 – Two men are responsible for most of the top 100 hits in the last 10 to 20 years
- 08:06 – Freedom
- 09:47 – Why do you choose business?
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 159 – How to Build a Profitable & Sustainable Music Education Business – with Wendy Brentnall-Wood - October 18, 2019
- 158 – Writing Authentic Music from the Heart – with Judah Holiday - October 17, 2019
- 157 – I Have $1,000,000 Dollars to Spend – How do I Take My Record Label National? - September 26, 2019