These days, recording data doesn’t get captured the way it used to. This leads to incomplete metadata and a loss of opportunity for those involved in the recording process.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, Deborah Fairchild of VEVA Sound shares about how easy it can be to collect the right data with their Studio Collect plugin.
- 00:14 – Introductions
- 00:24 – What is VEVA Sound?
- 01:52 – Why is metadata so important?
- 03:51 – Why aren’t studios collecting recording data anymore?
- 09:33 – What are some common mistakes engineers make in recording data
- 11:14 – What have you seen people do with collecting data that surprised you?
- 13:20 – How does the Studio Collect Suite plugin work?
- 15:43 – Do you need a plugin like SCP to begin collecting recording data?
- 16:37 – How can metadata help with monetization?
- 18:18 – Where do you see things going next with metadata?
- 19:44 – What advice do you have for audio engineers?
- 20:50 – Conclusion
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Trying to figure out how to get your music in front of more people? You'll love The New Music Industry book
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 137 – Doing Whatever it Takes - February 14, 2019
- 136 – How to Create Your Music Career Strategy for 2019 - February 7, 2019
- 135 – The Secret to Success in Music – with Drummer and Career Coach Matt Starr - February 1, 2019