Ownership is one of the most important concepts I could teach anyone in the music industry.
Many people do not take responsibility for their lives, let alone their careers. They blame outside circumstances and other people for their lack of results and success.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I explain the advantages and disadvantages of ownership.
- 00:14 – Introduction
- 00:30 – Taking ownership and the blame game
- 00:53 – Taking responsibility for yourself and your actions
- 01:33 – The victim mentality
- 01:58 – Taking responsibility for your music career or business
- 02:17 – Getting the results you want can take more work than you even realize
- 02:53 – Learning to take initiative
- 03:50 – Benefits of ownership
- 04:22 – Upsides and downsides of partnerships
- 04:65 – Downsides of ownership
- 07:46 – Thanks for listening and leave a comment
Are you ready to unlock your potential?
Tired of things not going as you want them to? Not getting the kinds of results you'd like to see in your career?
You know as well as I do that you're capable of more. Wouldn't you love to unlock your full potential as a musician or music entrepreneur? Wouldn't you love to take your career beyond?
I'm standing for that possibility, and I'm here to help.
So, join me in discovering new possibilities for yourself. It all starts here. Download your free report to get started.
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 111 – The Life of a Musician, Conductor, Life Coach and Author – with Dobbs Franks - September 20, 2018
- 110 – Who Do You Align Yourself With? - September 13, 2018
- 109 – The Essential Guide to Music Entrepreneurship Pro Pack - September 6, 2018