Ownership is one of the most important concepts I could teach anyone in the music industry.
Many people do not take responsibility for their lives, let alone their careers. They blame outside circumstances and other people for their lack of results and success.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I explain the advantages and disadvantages of ownership.
- 00:14 – Introduction
- 00:30 – Taking ownership and the blame game
- 00:53 – Taking responsibility for yourself and your actions
- 01:33 – The victim mentality
- 01:58 – Taking responsibility for your music career or business
- 02:17 – Getting the results you want can take more work than you even realize
- 02:53 – Learning to take initiative
- 03:50 – Benefits of ownership
- 04:22 – Upsides and downsides of partnerships
- 04:65 – Downsides of ownership
- 07:46 – Thanks for listening and leave a comment
Purchase The New Music Industry book - click HERE for details
Purchase the How to Record, Promote & Sell Your New Music Release eBook
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 084 – 4 Impacting Books I Read in 2017 - March 15, 2018
- Mark Mckelvie of Gigroad Shares How to Fix the Live Music Industry - March 13, 2018
- 083 – 10 Things I Did in 2017 - March 8, 2018