Ownership is one of the most important concepts I could teach anyone in the music industry.
Many people do not take responsibility for their lives, let alone their careers. They blame outside circumstances and other people for their lack of results and success.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I explain the advantages and disadvantages of ownership.
- 00:14 – Introduction
- 00:30 – Taking ownership and the blame game
- 00:53 – Taking responsibility for yourself and your actions
- 01:33 – The victim mentality
- 01:58 – Taking responsibility for your music career or business
- 02:17 – Getting the results you want can take more work than you even realize
- 02:53 – Learning to take initiative
- 03:50 – Benefits of ownership
- 04:22 – Upsides and downsides of partnerships
- 04:65 – Downsides of ownership
- 07:46 – Thanks for listening and leave a comment
Subscribe to the The New Music Industry Podcast on iTunes for more great content
Trying to figure out how to get your music in front of more people? You'll love The New Music Industry book
Latest posts by David Andrew Wiebe (see all)
- 137 – Doing Whatever it Takes - February 14, 2019
- 136 – How to Create Your Music Career Strategy for 2019 - February 7, 2019
- 135 – The Secret to Success in Music – with Drummer and Career Coach Matt Starr - February 1, 2019